The AFP-NNE Conference Committee is seeking proposals from presenters for our 2023 Virtual Spring Conference, to be held Wednesday, March 29 - Friday, March 31, with separate morning and afternoon sessions offered each day. Sessions will begin with 15 minutes of networking (speaker can attend but not mandatory), followed by a speaker presentation within a 60-minute timeframe. Up to an additional 30 minutes will be scheduled following the presentation to allow for discussion and Q&A, if needed.
We encourage you to submit an application using this Google Form. The deadline for submission is Wednesday, February 8 and we will respond to your proposal within 7-10 days. If you have questions, please contact the AFP-NNE chapter administrator, Hillary Twining, at email@example.com.
Below are some topics of interest that have been requested by our members and non-members. If you have an idea for a conference session that is not in this list, we still welcome your submission.
- Community-Centric Fundraising practices
- Managing up - how to manage an ED and a Board Chair with opposing viewpoints - i.e., how to answer to more than one boss
- Membership retention and stewardship through database analysis
- Educational Grants
- Grant Writing and Grant Resources
- Latest technology tools to support development professionals
- Board Recruitment
- Comprehensive campaigns, strategic planning, hiring vendors/campaign council/marketing firms and justifying expense
- Public phases of capital campaigns
- Planned giving and alternate ways to give (i.e., crypto, QDCs, etc.)
- CRM selection and management i.e., how to choose one and how to use
- New ideas for fundraising in general beyond appeals and events
- Reaching young generations/young alumni
- Recurring gift programs
Thank you for your time and for helping us provide the highest quality educational and professional development opportunities for fundraising professionals!