Access to accurate, up-to-date grantmaking data is critical to understanding the funding landscape and ensuring that your giving is as effective as it can be.
Access the map here - you must be a MPC Funder member in order to view the map
Imagine being able to see who is funding what and where--anywhere, anytime, and with just a few clicks.
The campaign to "Get on the Map" is a partnership between the Maine Philanthropy Center, Candid, and the United Philanthropy Forum. The goal is to improve the quality, timeliness, and availability of rich grants data. And if we all get on the map together, we all benefit from the most accurate, current, and detailed information available.
What's in it for me?
When you share your data, you'll be making a powerful contribution to a highly interactive, searchable mapping platform online, accessible to all funder members of the Maine Philanthropy Center.
And it's all about participation. Only when our community of funders pledges to "Get on the Map" will the map of Maine reach its full potential as a powerful source of accurate, up-to-date answers to questions like:
- Who else is funding a particular issue in our region?
- What organizations are tackling that issue?
- Who is working with specific populations in our community?
- Who may be natural collaborators?
- Where are there gaps in funding?
- How much money is going to specific issues or areas in Maine?
Ready to Get on the Map? Contact us.
Resources for Getting on the Map:
- FAQ based on questions from a GOTM Users Group
- Field Descriptions document from the template for easier use.
- More information on the Get on the Map Campaign including what other Regional Associations are involved, and upcoming webinars from the Foundation Center on the project
- Grants Management Software that supports eGrant reporting to the Foundation Center
- Information on the Excel template for eGrant reporting and the email address for reporting
- eGrant reporting template
- Presentation from the Get on the Map Campaign Launch
- Foundation Center's recorded training on Get on the Map
- Foundation Center's Full Taxonomy - this feature is searchable, but also available for downloading into an excel document
Contact Robert Burnett at email@example.com or 780-5039 with any questions.