Presented by Philanthropy Northwest in partnership with Allen Smart of Philanthropy Worx
Around the country, rural communities are turning to tribal broadband programs and partners to reach their internet access goals. In this Rural Funder Series session, we will share real examples of communities working with tribes to accelerate their rural broadband access and opportunities for more funders to do the same. We’ll hear about:
- How a struggling broadband effort for five counties in rural Idaho improved after they turned to their Nez Perce neighbors for infrastructure and services.
- Tribal programs and funding partnerships from a USDA representative.
- Our Tribal Broadband Learning Community's insights on how tribes are reaching across borders to extend valuable services throughout rural areas.
- Kyle Reis, The Reis Foundation
- Robert Tse, USDA
- Danae Wilson, Nez Perce Reservation
Philanthropy Northwest has partnered with Allen Smart of Philanthropy Worx to present this Rural Funder Series. In 2021, we have co-facilitated a series of six sessions where we will explore issues relevant to rural funders and learn best practices alongside peers who serve rural communities.
For more information and to register, visit the event page.