Coastal Enterprises, Inc.
Room: York Room
Coastal Enterprises, Inc (CEI) and Four Directions Development Corporation (FDDC) are two Maine-based community development financial institutions, each with their own relationship working with Maine-based funder, Elmina B. Sewall Foundation to channel business and affordable housing financing and business development resources to low income and historically marginalized communities. Rachel Talbot Ross, Speaker of the Maine House and longtime leader in Maine’s Black community, is working with community leaders to launch a community development organization to serve the Black community in Maine. Hear about the work of CEI and FDDC to serve low-income, rural, BIPOC, and Native communities of Maine, how the Sewall Foundation has partnered with each, and a new initiative seeking to establish a Black-led community development corporation to support Black-owned businesses across Maine.
- Betsy Biemann, Coastal Enterprises, Inc (CEI)
- Laura Buxbaum, Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI)
- Charlene Virgilio, Four Directions Development Corporation
- Thomas Mitchell, Elmina B. Sewall Foundation
- Rachel Talbot Ross, Speaker of the House, Maine Legislature