Since 1999, White Pine Programs (WPP) has been the premier provider of year-round nature connection programs in the seacoast region of Northern New England. White Pine Programs forges deep nature connections that restore peace and build personal resilience. WPP fosters a team-oriented work environment that values respect, integrity, authenticity, flexibility as well as creativity and positive, solution based approaches to challenges.
WPP is excited to announce the search for a dynamic and experienced Executive Director to lead the York county, Maine, based organization into a new stage of growth and opportunity delivering high quality outdoor programming for all ages.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for execution and consideration of WPP’s mission, vision and core values. The ED oversees the well-being of all aspects of the organization. The ED collaborates with a staff leadership team to support and direct up to 25 program delivery and administrative staff, depending on the season . The ED reports to the Board of Directors, which reviews the ED's performance and compensation. The ED’s average work week is 40 hours.
Board of Directors
● Liaison for oversight of the organization to the Board of Directors, Standing Committees and major volunteer efforts.
● Ensures compliance with & implementation of Board Policies & recommendations.
● Performs monthly review of financials and annual review of audit.
● Oversees HR staff in recruitment, hiring, training and evaluating senior staff.
● Infuses big-picture thinking, organizational updates & respectful leadership across staff community.
● Manages a team of 3 senior staff including the Assistant Director, Advancement Director and Program Director
● Works with Treasurer & Asst. Director to create and implement annual budgets, goals & objectives.
● Ensures that the short and long-term working capital and financial management needs of the organization are adequately addressed.
● Supports development staff including the Advancement Director (AD) major donor & foundation relationships thru regular communication. (See AD job description here or http://tinyurl.com/y2ogycag)
● Serves as public presence for fundraising activities / opportunities / etc.
● Helps secure financial support from individual donors, businesses, & foundations.
Community & Public Relations
● Assures the organization and its mission, program, products & services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to all relevant stakeholders.
● Maintains positive community networks with businesses, municipal governments, and relevant organizations – both locally and beyond.
● Ensures that White Pine Programs also gives locally in a philanthropic spirit.
● Previous work as an Executive Director
● Experience in nonprofit financial management (budgeting / fundraising / advancement)
● Experience with staff supervision, development & management
● Demonstrated success in donor cultivation, grant writing, stewardship and leading a capital campaign.
● Software fluency: Quickbooks, Raiser’s Edge, Google Apps, WordPress
● Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree preferred in relevant field
Salary competitive w/ regional nonprofit Executive Directors of similar-sized organizations.
Expected start date: August 1, 2019
How to Apply
Visit the White Pine Programs careers page to apply.