Under the direction of the Executive Director of Finance and Advancement Operations, the Advancement Operations Coordinator is responsible for processing donor gifts, biographic updates, and other tasks associated with the alumni/donor/prospect database, in accordance with established gift acceptance policies, CASE guidelines and IRS regulations, as well as provide some administrative support to the USM Foundation staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Gift Processing and Data Integrity (70%)
Foundation Administrative Support (20%)
The Advancement Operations Coordinator is expected to provide exceptional customer service to the foundation and University stakeholders, partners, donors and alumni. This role must maintain a consistently impeccable standard of confidentiality, trust, and privacy protection for donors and donor information as well as finance and payroll confidential information. This role must have the ability to staff special events, which may be outside of normal work hours. This position must serve as a collaborative partner with other USMF staff, as well as a role model for others by exemplifying excellent professional conduct. This position must derive deep satisfaction from working collaboratively and contributing to the overall success of the USM Foundation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of financial accounting systems, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Google Docs. Experience with an alumni/donor database is preferred.
One-to-three years of related experience in a gift processing function, or 3+ years’ related experience in administrative support and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Proficient and comfortable in the use of a donor database (ie: Advance, SunGard, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Experience working in nonprofit gift processing
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and mail merge
- Manage multiple responsibilities and prioritizes tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise judgment and initiative
- Attention to detail
- Excellent and responsive customer service skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Confidence and professionalism in person and on the phone in interacting with alumni, donors and university colleagues
For more information and application instructions, visit the job posting on the Maine Association of Nonprofits website.
The USM Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable team to be a catalyst for transformation at the University of Southern Maine.