Do you love to write? Is it fun for you to think about how to craft a message that inspires people?
Are you a curious person? Do you love to explore new ideas and develop new skills?
Do you dive into your work with a sense of enthusiasm, ownership, and determination?
Are you looking for a position with an employer who will invest in developing your professional skills?
Do you care about children in need?
Then the Development and Communications Associate role at the Susan L. Curtis Foundation might be the right fit for you!
About the employer
The Susan L. Curtis Foundation operates Camp Susan Curtis, where for nearly 50 years we have been providing a transformative camp experience that nurtures self-confidence and a sense of belonging in Maine children facing economic hardship. Our vision is that all Maine children feel valued and have the opportunity to thrive.
About the position
As a key member of the development team, you will play an integral role in attracting new supporters and retaining current donors. You will create compelling communications about the impact of our camp, research and analyze donor data to target our development efforts, and play key administrative and project management roles in events and mailings. We have a budget line for professional development for this position, so if you are motivated to build your skills to become a development professional, this is the role for you!
Key areas of responsibility
- Messaging and communications: write appeal letters, thank-you letters, e-blasts, etc. to compel and inspire readers to get involved
- Serve as project manager for annual calendar of donor stewardship and solicitation
- Take a lead role in planning and executing mailings and fundraising events in collaboration with the Development Director
- Research donor prospects and analyze giving data to target fundraising efforts and improve donor stewardship
- Coordinate the design and production of the annual report
- Manage social media postings and interactions via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms
- Manage the donor database, maintain up-to-date records, and generate effective reports
Skills and qualifications
- Strong writing skills
- Project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong initiative and a passion for continuous learning and pursuit of mastery
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a team and independently
- Competency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in life experience
Preferred but not required:
- Strong social media skills
- Experience in development, marketing, or sales
- Little Green Light or equivalent fundraising CRM software
- Experience with event planning and execution including online platforms
Salary and benefits
This unique, full-time opportunity offers the ability to make a significant impact in the lives of Maine children. It also gives you the chance to be trained as a development professional, a career that is meaningful, lucrative, and always in demand. The salary range is $40-45k annually plus benefits including: 100% paid employee health and dental insurance, generous paid time off and 12 paid holidays, IRA employer match, and a kind and supportive workplace environment. There is some flexibility to work from home on a part-time basis after an introductory period.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Development and Communications Associate”. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Application Deadline: August 20