The Assistant Director of Corporate, Foundation & Gov. Grant Relations at Saint Joseph's College will support the Institutional Advancement Development office by: planning and executing the strategy for securing funds from corporate sources under the supervision of the Director of CFR; collaborating with the Director of CFR in procuring grants from foundations and government sources; collaborating with Director of CFR in an array of activities connected with stewardship, reporting, grant fund management, and grant public relations and announcements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Willingness to learn about the College and its programs broadly, and in-depth when proposal writing and reporting is required
· Inquisitiveness about College programs, strategic plan, etc.
· Ability to understand grants process—both private, corporate, and governmental
· Ability to cultivate relationships
· Mature, articulate verbally and in writing
· Sincere belief in the mission of SJC and the Sisters of Mercy
· Focused aggressiveness regarding grant procurement, but patient and persevering with the process
· Excellent skills in writing and analysis
· Detail-oriented, a problem-solver
· Independent, yet collaborative
· Background in grant-writing and grant management. Able to provide ratio of grant success in previous positions
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred
· Familiarity with government grants and contracts preferred
· Tolerates work related stress effectively and maintains self-control/professionalism.
Applicants must be willing to support the mission and core values of Saint Joseph’s College.
About the Employer
Saint Joseph’s College, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, is a Catholic liberal arts college enrolling roughly 1000 students of all faiths on campus in the traditional
4-year college, while another 2,400 working adults take online courses from locations throughout the country and the world. The beautiful 430-acre campus is located on Sebago Lake, one half hour from Portland, Maine and two hours from Boston.
Saint Joseph’s College is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees. We have been recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the
American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.
Saint Joseph's College successfully earned a Silver STARS award from the Association of the Advancement of Sustainability of Higher Education (AASHE). The STARS assessment
enables the College to plan our goal of carbon neutrality on campus by 2036.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our careers page
Specific questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-893-7757.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please complete our online application and include your resume and cover letter, and read and sign the Pre-Employment Statement.
Saint Joseph’s College is an EEO employer