Northern Light Health’s Life Flight Foundation is seeking a full-time Senior Development Officer-Major Gifts based in Camden, Maine.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Development Officer--Major Gifts--Regional works with a small, collaborative, high-performance development team that is based out of Camden, ME. It is expected that the person in this regional position will live in and work from the (Southern) (Eastern) region of the state. Occasional travel to LifeFlight of Maine bases and the Foundation office in Camden is required. Extensive travel within the region is also expected. The Senior Development Officer--Major Gifts--Regional will help ensure that the major gifts program is a strong and effective means of increasing the overall funding that supports LifeFlight of Maine. S/he will proactively research, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and corporate donor prospects in the region and help develop and implement creative fundraising strategies in the areas of major donations, sponsorships, capital campaigns and planned gifts.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage assigned portfolio of lead-level individual and corporate donors/prospects.
• Collaborate with the senior development team on general and tailored donor stewardship strategies that strengthen relationships with assigned and prospective donors.
• Conduct research to identify new prospects.
• Identify, strategically solicit and secure individual gifts and business/corporate gifts, within the region, for priority projects and events.
• Help secure and manage sponsorships for major events, with assistance of development team.
• Work with Director of Communication to acknowledge major donors through private and public recognition (social media, press releases, photos ops, annual report, newsletter, etc.).=
• Collaborate with the senior development team to ensure all solicitations and relationship-building efforts are strategic, coordinated and non-duplicative.
• Assist grant writer with strategizing outreach and editing corporate proposals and corporate/individual foundation applications.
• Act as point of contact and assist with cultivation of third-party fundraisers for LifeFlight in assigned region. Work with fundraiser/volunteer to communicate LifeFlight mission and goals and provide support as needed.
• Maintain an active understanding of LifeFlight programs and projects and help translate those programs to opportunities for donor support.
• Work with development staff to gather and produce supporting materials for donor meetings, campaigns, proposals and reports.
• Help integrate and coordinate funding initiatives that involve corporate, foundation and individual donors, especially where individual donors have private foundations through which they give.
• Appropriately and in a timely manner acknowledge donations and report back to the donor at the required intervals.
• Document donor relationship activities in the database (Raiser's Edge NXT).
• Work with development team to attain agreed-upon fundraising goals.
Other Core Duties
• Attend staff meetings.
• Attend and act as a LifeFlight Foundation representative at events and networking opportunities.
• Assist in moving supplies, displays and set-up/ take-down of special events.
• Support other Foundation general office duties when needed such as assisting with mailings, etc.
• Maintain harmonious working relationships within the Foundation and corporate office divisions and general public through clear, correct and honest communication.
• Support LifeFlight's just and accountable culture system.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field or comparable experience.
• A broad knowledge of nonprofit resource development principles and practices, including all aspects of philanthropy.
• Ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills; outcome-driven.
• Strong background in securing five- and six-figure gifts and grants.
• Ability to work in evolving healthcare environment.
• Friendly and personable with a positive, helpful attitude and strong work ethic.
• Experience with researching, cultivating and soliciting individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
• Strong writing, oral presentation, and communications skills.
• Strong track record in presenting to and communicating with corporate and major individual donors.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and comfortable using the internet for various assignments including broadcast email.
• Exceptional people skills and assertive outreach skills.
Additional desirable skills and knowledge
• Public speaking
• CRM database experience (Raiser's Edge preferred)
• Familiarity with LEAN principles
• Knowledge of healthcare issues
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
Visit the position announement for application information.