Experienced fundraising position with primary focus on major gift work and capital campaigns and/or service line, and secondary focus on other initiatives identified by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for ongoing and emerging capital campaigns and major gift initiatives, as assigned.
- Support strategies that build support for capital campaigns and leadership giving.
- Achieve realistic and quantifiable goals based on mutually agreed upon fundraising targets that will be the primary performance standards used to measure fundraising success.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150-175 prospective donors
- Collaboratively set goals for the number of substantive donor visits; solicitations to be completed; and funds to be raised each year.
- Provide updates to EMMC campaign executive committee and fundraising council
- Identify new prospects for capital campaigns, major gifts and other priority projects and programs.
- Collaborate on general and tailored donor stewardship strategies that strengthen relationships with assigned and prospective donors.
- Promote a culture of philanthropy within assigned clinical areas; build philanthropic awareness through physicians, nursing and support staff orientations, one-on-one medical staff meetings, and maintaining a presence in the clinical units.
- Oversee the development of case materials and proposal communications materials needed for major gift and capital campaign fundraising.
- Work closely with Community Relations to ensure a coordinated message across the member organization.
1. Bachelor's degree required; preferred advanced degree in communications, organization management, health or business.
2. A minimum of five years of dedicated fundraising experience in a variety of roles that represent progressively increased responsibility in leadership giving.
3.Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of donors and donor prospects, moving them through the cycle of giving to solicitation onto stewardship and sustained and increased giving.
4. Documented outcomes resulting from personal, one-on-one solicitations for contributions.
5. Ability to work independently within defined goals and standards.
6. A strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one's work
7. Strong verbal and written skills, well organized, self-directed with ability to meet deadlines.
8. The ability to deal effectively with physicians and other medical executives is critical
9. Achievement oriented, a good team player, and a successful team builder
10. Ability to work in a dynamic. Fast-paced environment and good at developing relationships both internally and externally with the various constituencies
11. Proficient with computerized information management in the fundraising setting, including Blackbaud RE
12. Enjoy working with people and advancing the mission of healthcare fundraising.
13. Able to work effectively with people and inspire others to perform at a high level of efficiency and productivity.
14. Flexible work schedule to include weekends, evenings and select holidays.
15. Knowledgeable in planned giving and ability to discuss with donors
16. Valid driver's license
17. A working knowledge of marketing and public relations is a plus
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.