MOFGA is looking for a dynamic go-getter to join our Development team. The Campaign Officer will be responsible for all aspects of individual philanthropic giving including managing the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of existing donors as well as the identification of new donor prospects. The Campaign Officer will have a foundational role in MOFGA’S comprehensive campaign and will serve as an ambassador for the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association across the community.
The Campaign Officer reports to the Director of Membership and Development, and will work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Director as well as other Development staff, board members, and other external stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities: To manage MOFGA’s individual philanthropic giving during our three year comprehensive campaign.
Supervisor: Director of Membership and Development
Work Week: Full-time, generally Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional nights and weekend hours required.
Position: Salaried. Federal Fair Labor Standards Act Exempt. The employee is not eligible for overtime payment.
Location: Portland, Unity, or remote office base, with frequent travel in Maine, New York, and New England.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000 annually dependent upon experience. MOFGA has an excellent benefits package with paid medical, dental and vision insurance and paid maternity/paternity leave. Employees receive a
generous time off package including paid vacation and sick time, three personal days, and 14 paid holidays annually.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Sarah Alexander, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3-5 years (direct or equivalent) professional experience managing high level donor relationships.
- Solid grasp of donor management software and databases; it’s a plus if the applicant has worked with Blackbaud Altru.High level proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and a working knowledge of search functions for donor research purposes.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with a culturally diverse group of volunteers, co-workers and donors.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments with many deadlines and competing requirements. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter able to manage their time independently.
- Frequent travel throughout Maine, New York, and New England for face to face donor meetings (when it is safe to do so post-COVID).
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy and professionalism.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends, as needed.
Donor Relations Management
Maintain a portfolio of 100+ major gift donors, as well as those donors and potential donors that have the capacity to give at a significant level in order to raise annual and capital dollars in support of MOFGA’s priorities
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio of individual donors, including researching, developing and implementing a written donor strategy and maintaining a relationship record (using Blackbaud “Altru” software) of all interactions.
- Engage with donors through face to face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings as well as written and digital communication.
- Ensure solicitation strategies for donors support of the organization's campaign, annual fund, and planned giving, and maximize opportunities to utilize staff, board members and volunteers.
Support additional fundraising efforts of the Membership and Development Team as needed.
Comprehensive Campaign (sunsets at close of 2023)
- Work with the Director of Membership and Development to set priorities; manage and adjust the work plan and calendar as needed to collectively achieve $12 million campaign goal.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and ability to communicate MOFGA’s major programmatic initiatives.
- Actively participate in the creation and production of all campaign materials, including (but not limited to) letters, emails, and prospectuses.
- Work with the Membership and Development team to create and execute events for major donors and prospects.
- Be a visible presence at Development department special events, such as major donor cultivation events and fundraisers.
Other duties as assigned.
About the employer
The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association is a broad-based community that educates about and advocates for organic agriculture, illuminating its interdependence with a healthy environment, local food production, and thriving communities. MOFGA is committed to creating an inclusive and sustainable workplace that reflects this mission.
MOFGA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) and LGBTQ+ individuals, as well as veterans to apply.