The Vice President of Development is responsible for building a broad public program to make the case for Maine Family Planning that leads to financial support of its mission.
This is a full time position located in Augusta. The VP of Development reports directly to the CEO/President.
• Work requires communications, writing, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Advanced degree emphasizing social science and research preferred.
• Work requires abilities generally acquired through seven years of experience. Development and capital campaign experience required.
• Experience working with volunteer boards, major donors, community-based agencies, foundations and committees.
• Experience managing and directing a multi-year capital campaign.
• Demonstrated experience developing internal and external communications for a wide range of audiences.
• Ability to organize resources, administer a budget, excellent written communication and public speaking skills. Ability to be goal-oriented is necessary.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and cooperatively with all departments.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, research, and planning skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills working in databases and word processors. Demonstrated experience in writing and assembling grant proposals and reports for both private and government funders.
• Demonstrated experience in grants management.
How to Apply
Competitive Salary and Benefits package.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 17, 2018.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.