The Director of Development is responsible for building a broad public program to make the case for Maine Family Planning that leads to financial support of our mission. This is a full-time position. Part-time remote work is available.
• Work requires communications, writing, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Advanced degree emphasizing social science and research preferred.
• Ability to translate emerging patient needs into persuasive proposals to support new program development.
• Work requires abilities generally acquired through seven years of development experience. Capital campaign experience preferred.
• Experience working with volunteer boards, major donors, community-based agencies, foundations and committees.
• Experience managing and directing a multi-year campaign preferred.
• Demonstrated experience developing internal and external communications for a wide range of audiences.
• Ability to organize resources, administer a budget, excellent written and communication and public speaking skills. Ability to be goal-orientated is necessary.
• Ability to work interdependently, with minimal supervision, and cooperatively with all departments.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, research, and planning skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills working in databases.
• Demonstrated experience in writing and assembling grant proposals and reports for both private and government funders.
• Demonstrated experience in grants management.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager