The Program Associate provides general administrative and logistical support for the Foundation’s program work. The Maine Community Foundation, a statewide organization with offices in Ellsworth and Portland, seeks a detail-oriented person as the Program Associate in its Portland office. This position provides general administrative and logistical support to the Vice President of Community Impact; provides database platform support to program staff; creates, reviews, and maintains documents related to grantmaking review and decisions; and assists in creating and editing program related reports.
The ideal candidate has excellent computer skills, including prior experience working with Microsoft Office and databases. Knowledge of FluidReview desirable. Ability to multi-task, ability to work professionally with a variety of people, good communication, organizational, and telephone skills. College degree desirable. Competitive compensation and benefits, EOE.
Support to VP of Community Impact includes:
1. Providing administrative and logistical support for various meetings and events related to the foundation’s overall programmatic and strategic work
2. Collecting data to produce reports on programmatic and strategic work using both internal databases and external sources under the direction of the VP
3. Input information regarding program-related activities into internal constituent database (Raiser’s Edge) and online application platform (Fluid Review)
Support to the broader Program Team includes:
1. Providing technical assistance to program staff and volunteer reviewers on use the foundation’s online application platform (Fluid Review), including troubleshooting common problems, creating and editing support documents and forms. Work closely with Grants Manager on these issues.
2. Providing general administrative support to program staff including creating, updating, and tracking program-related documents and reports. This may also include other administrative support related to separate grant and scholarship programs.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, interacting with diverse people and groups
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working with databases and/or online application platforms (such as Fluid Review)
- Highly skilled in MS Word and Excel
- Experience with data analysis, including content trends and descriptive statistics
- Ability to thrive in a team environment with a customer focus
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Preferably college degree
- Sense of humor
Full time position. EOE, competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply
Forward resume and cover letter by Thursday, February 28, 2019 to: Jana Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.