Maine Community Foundation, a statewide foundation with offices in Ellsworth and Portland, seeks a highly motivated professional to perform tasks related to servers, applications, network security and infrastructure, website/digital communications, and helpdesk support. The Foundation has over $500 million in assets, over $75 million in annual revenue, a $5 million operating budget, and distributes approximately $30 million a year in grants and scholarships. Demonstrated success working in IT, good communication abilities, team-oriented work style, ability to work independently and critical thinking skills are a must. This position requires some travel and is located in Ellsworth. Minimum qualifications include an undergraduate degree in information technology or equivalent experience.
The Information Technology Associate performs tasks related to servers, applications, remote network environments, and website/digital communications; sets up and maintains the Foundation’s networks; and provides Helpdesk support.
1. Oversee and maintain network infrastructure, including monitoring use and performance.
2. Maintain WAN, LAN and VPN connectivity between offices and off-site users.
3. Maintain phone, conference room, and security systems.
4. Provide user support, on and off-site.
5. Resolve software and hardware issues.
6. Update software programs.
7. Protect IT systems from internal and external threats (cybersecurity).
8. Maintain procedures for back-up and disaster recovery plans.
9. Produce documentation for application and solution support.
10. Support website administration.
11. Provide Office 365 support & staff training.
12. Serve as an active and contributing member of the Tech Team.
Essential experience and skill requirements:
• Demonstrated success working in IT.
• Experience with networking infrastructure.
• Skilled in software and hardware problem resolution.
• Knowledge of Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
Non-essential experience and skills:
• Experience with MS cloud services.
• Knowledge of data management software programs.
• Knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, IIS Server, Content Management Systems, Terminal Services.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Competitive compensation and benefits, EOE employer.
For more information and a complete job description: www.mainecf.org
Forward resume and cover letter by July 22nd, 2019, to Jana Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.