Location: This position is in Brunswick, ME.
Status: Part-time, salaried, part-time benefit package.
Reports to: Executive Director
About the Position
The Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association (MCFA) is seeking a mission-driven, highly organized Administrative and Executive Assistant to join our team to assist in all aspect of nonprofit operations and help manage and elevate our day to day work. This will include a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks including event and program aid, research and preparing of documents, mailings, and general office support.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this role. Responsibilities may change based on candidates experience and needs of the organization.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative functions to support the Executive Director.
• Perform basic accounting tasks including credit card reconciliation, reimbursements, check requests, invoicing, etc.
• Provide logistic support for a variety of fundraising and program events, meetings, and activities.
• Oversee aspects of office management including ordering supplies and merchandise, vendor relationships, field communications, coordinate travel arrangements, etc.
• Assist with internal and external organizational communications including proofing materials, draft correspondence and other documents to support the organization.
• Coordinate and prepare for meetings including meeting logistics, communication, material preparation/distribution, taking minutes, etc.
• Maintain organizational files and documents.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Quick Books, etc. Experience working with databases is desired.
• Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, professionalism, and passion for their work and the mission of the organization.
We are listing this as a part-time 20-hours per week position; with some flexibility in scheduling to fit the candidate we feel will best fit this organization and the long-term goals of the fishing community we work with. Some weekend and evening work will be required for events and meetings.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. No phone call please.
About the Employer
Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association (MCFA) is an industry-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that identifies and fosters ways to restore the fisheries of the Gulf of Maine and sustain Maine’s iconic fishing communities for future generations. Established and run by Maine community-based fishermen, MCFA works to enhance the ecological and financial sustainability of our fisheries through balancing the needs of the current generation of fishermen with the long-term environmental restoration of the Gulf of Maine.