Maine Cancer Foundation (MCF) is in search of a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join their small and dedicated team of professionals working to reduce the burden of cancer in Maine.
About the position
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Operations and is responsible for supporting Maine Cancer Foundation’s multi-channel communication and marketing plan, as well as annual giving strategies.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator position is a full-time, benefits eligible opportunity. The position requires approximately 5% statewide travel and some weekend and evening hours.
- Assist with updates and management of MCF website
- Support, edit and influence MCF social media strategy
- Develop content and produce electronic communication- monthly newsletters, quarterly donor updates, fundraising event promotion/support
- Write, edit, and distribute regular press releases
- Work with all staff to develop and maintain portfolio of stories and visual and audio content for use in outbound communications
- Assist with preparing communications and appeal mailings to donors
- Coordinate vendors, as needed, for mailings, print jobs, and appeals
- Research and collect information, data and materials to inform our decision-making for events, programs and projects
- General support of Community Outreach, Events, Programs and initiatives as needed. MCF events and programs include: Tri for a Cure, Twilight 5K, Mary’s Walk, Sugarloaf Charity Summit, Challenge Cancer Conference, Patient Navigation Project ECHO
- Innovative, creative, self-starter
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to write for a broad range of audiences; strong editing skills
- Basic knowledge and experience with video and/or audio recording/editing
- Experience working with a team to plan and implement a complex, multi-tiered communication strategy
- Knowledge of, or experience with, communications and marketing in a non-profit setting
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits experience with social media mechanics, trends, software skills and internet research abilities
- Experience in graphic design (Adobe, Canva)
- Familiarity with public health and the oncology landscape and community in Maine, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience working in a similar position/industry or nonprofit preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary and travel as needed
- Valid unexpired driver’s license
Salary will depend on experience and includes excellent benefits.
How to apply
Apply online through the Prosearch website.