Maine Cancer Foundation (MCF) is in search of a dynamic Events Manager to manage events that support the organization’s mission with the goal of raising funds and providing engagement and cultivation opportunities for the organization.
About the position
- Manage all operational, administrative, and budgetary aspects of MCF signature fundraising events.
- Develop and implement strategies to support participants in achieving their fundraising goals; provide one-on-one phone/email support to selected participants to encourage and engage them in the event, MCF and fundraising.
- Support the Community Outreach Manager, in developing and maintaining systems to cultivate and steward sponsors and seamlessly fulfill benefits.
- Serve as Race Director for Twilight 5K, overseeing day-of setup, takedown, and safety logistics throughout event.
- Provide MCF support and consult for Mary’s Walk and Sugarloaf Charity Summit.
- Coordinate logistics for all events leading up to the Tri for a Cure, (including but not limited to the Kick-Off Party, Survivor Meet and Greet, and VIP reception).
- In collaboration with Community Outreach Manager, develop and implement strategies to cultivate third-party events throughout the state; provide support to large third party events including attendance at the event.
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement Team, ensure accurate and consistent collection of data across the organization; utilize analysis of data to measure results and inform future strategies.
- Serve on and record minutes for monthly Development Committee meetings and deliver updates as they pertain to MCF events.
- Hire and supervise intern support as needed.
- 5 years of successful event management experience
- Superior customer service skills, especially in one-on-one scenarios
- Extensive volunteer management experience
- Able to communicate effectively and forge loyal partnerships with individuals, businesses, and community groups
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Able to accomplish complex tasks under pressure while maintaining credibility and composure
- Experience with online peer-to-peer fundraising structure, methods, and best practices
- Experience with DonorDrive or other event management software
- Experience participating in or volunteering for organized triathlons, walks, or runs
Successful candidates will have strong non-profit event management experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities.
The role is a full-time, exempt position; weekend and evening hours are required, especially around events.
Salary will depend on experience and includes excellent benefits.
How to apply
Apply online through the ProSearch website.