The Grant Administrator will be responsible for administrative and program support for up to two private family foundations. The Grant Administrator will also assist in the day-to-day operational functions of the private foundations and of the office generally. Specific duties would include some or all of the following:
- Efficient use of “Blackbaud Grantmaking” grant management software to receive and process grant applications, process grant awards, make grant payments, and generate and receive grant reports.
- Utilize “Diligent Boards” board of director meeting software to organize meeting materials and share documents with foundation directors and trustees.
- Work closely with senior leadership, program staff, and other colleagues to plan board meetings, develop and maintain grant agreements for grant awards, monitor spending obligations, and process payments.
- Regular in-person, phone, and email communications with private foundation directors, grant seekers, and grant recipients regarding grant projects, including occasional general due diligence on grant projects on behalf of private foundations.
- Implement effective grant monitoring systems, including, on occasion, conducting assessments and site visits, collecting and analyzing data, documenting results, and identifying and discussing implications.
- Communicate with accounting and legal partners to monitor spending obligations and coordinate all necessary tax reporting and periodic reviews of operating procedures.
- Assist with private foundation communications, including, but not limited to, website content and annual written publications.
- If and when necessary, coordinate the research of other grant management and related technology systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher;
- 3-6 years of grant administration, compliance, financial services, and/or general operations/administrative experience;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Superior writing ability and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to assess data and present data clearly;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Pro (QuickBooks a plus); Strong knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn and navigate, the Blackbaud Grantmaking and Diligent Boards software systems;
- Ability to work independently—as well as in a collaborative, team-based environment;
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to target audiences with varied technical and business experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within expected timeframe parameters; and,
- Professional maturity, self-confidence, decisiveness, and outstanding business judgment.
How to Apply