Healthy Communities of the Capital Area, a Maine-based public health non-profit organization is seeking a part time (potential for full time) Communications and Events Coordinator to support the organization's food systems work and other public health initiatives. Learn more at www.hccame.org
About the position
Do you have a passion for public health in relation to advancing food systems and health equity in the State of Maine? MCD Public Health, a division of Medical Care Development, Inc., a non-profit health services organization in collaboration with Healthy Communities of the Capital Area (HCCA), is accepting applications for a Program Associate to support food systems and other public health communications and events.
HCCA partners with MCD, Inc. to provide Human Resources and IT services and other management functions. This position will be officially employed by MCD as a Program Associate, is eligible for MCD’s benefits package, and is housed and overseen at Healthy Communities of the Capital Area, 11 Mechanic Street, Gardiner, ME. MCD requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment, unless entitled to a medical or religious exemption.
This is a grant-funded position currently funded through June 2023 with potential for renewal. The position is currently funded for 24 hours/week with the possibility for more hours, up to 40/week. Salary range $19.71-$21/hr with benefits. Occasional travel throughout the state and region to meetings and events is part of the position and travel expenses are reimbursed. Currently, HCCA is implementing a hybrid work model in response to the COVID pandemic.
About Maine Farm and Sea to School Network
HCCA is the fiscal and staffing home to the Maine Farm and Sea to School Network (MFSN), which is led by a Leadership Council of farm to school stakeholders whose mission is to build a communication and coordination infrastructure at the school and community level to support farm and sea to school programs throughout Maine; with the goal of increasing procurement of Maine produced foods by schools, experiential agricultural education, and school gardens.
About Maine Farm to Institution Network
HCCA is the fiscal and staffing home to the Maine Farm to Institution Network (MEFTI), which is led by a Leadership Team of farm to institution stakeholders whose mission is to catalyze a social impact network to build a healthy and sustainable regional food system. MEFTI is one of 5 Networks collaborating on the Maine Food Convergence event series, to develop deeper relationships and greater trust to co-create an equitable and thriving food system for Maine.
- Lead communications for MFSN and MEFTI including creating and delivering materials to network members
- Co-create communication strategy for MFSN and MEFTI networks that reflect the networks’ priorities, including fundraising and development
- Promote MFSN and MEFTI events including but not limited to Maine Food Convergence, Maine Farm and Sea to School Institute, Maine Farm and Sea to School Conference, and more
- Manage MFSN and MEFTI Squarespace website content and additional communications accounts (Canva, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact)
- Draft and distribute MFSN and MEFTI materials including but not limited to social media posts, e-newsletters, sponsorship letters, and infographics
- Support event planning logistics for MFSN/MEFTI events and trainings;including coordinating registration, evaluation, volunteers, supplies, and presenters
- Support administration for MEFTI/MFSN committee meetings and leadership meetings; including scheduling, developing agendas, and coordinating meeting logistics
- Attend partner events to promote MFSN and MEFTI; including tabling at in-person or virtual convenings
How to apply
More information & instructions on how to apply can be found at Employment - MCD Public Health (mcdph.org)