The Development Assistant administers gift and grant processing and acknowledgements and assists with membership, recurring and matching giving programs. This role maintains the database and produces mailing lists and reports and processes gifts and acknowledgements in a timely manner with attention to detail. You are a team player who has excellent attention to details, is very well organized and has a strong desire to learn and contribute to the collective success of Greater Portland Landmarks.
• Gather and sort daily mail and prepare checks for the bookkeeper to deposit, make copies for donor files or other files that require special attention, notify appropriate staff of incoming gifts.
• Manage the fundraising and events database by understanding and utilizing database-specific functions to enter, organize, and retrieve data, including standard reports. Coordinate with Internal Bookkeeper to reconcile database and QuickBooks records.
• Acknowledge memberships and gifts, including working with the Director of Development to respond to donor inquiries and ensure standardized donor recognition.
• Conduct research and compile information as assigned for constituent visits.
• Support event promotion and production, including logistical preparation.
• Support the efficient administration of the Development Department, including file and office organization, and member and public interaction as needed.
• Administrative, record-keeping, or office experience required with performance record of timely and accurate completion of tasks;
• Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize and execute multiple time-sensitive projects;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, in person and on the telephone;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook, with donor databases, online sales platforms, and e-communications experience (Abila, MoonClerk and Constant Contact preferred);
• Strong writing skills;
• Interest in preservation, architecture, and local history a plus.
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week position, with an hourly rate of $20 per hour. We strongly believe in a work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the actual hours worked.
• 12 paid holidays
• Office closed between Christmas and New Years
• 5 vacation days; 3 sick days; 2 personal days
• On-site parking
• Abundance of baked goods
Hiring Process & Timeline
• We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled
• We will begin scheduling interviews in early-mid October.
• We would like to have the selected candidate start in early November.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the position and why you are the best candidate for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Assistant. Thank you in advance for your interest!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Landmarks is a committed Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that it is both unlawful and ethically wrong to discriminate in employment, or to harass an employee, because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, or physical or mental disability.