The New England Grassroots Environment Fund, Inc. (Grassroots Fund) is hiring a Program Manager. This position recently opened, with the transition of Sarah Huang from that role to a new position at the Grassroots Fund, the Director of Learning, after an open search.
The Grassroots Fund seeks a dynamic and collaborative individual who has an established record of direct environmental justice/just transition work in marginalized communities. The Program Manager works with a team of two other Program Managers and the Director of Learning and reports to the Director of Operations
The Program Manager has four primary focus areas in support of the organization’s mission:
- Lead facilitation of the Grow grant program;
- Manage the design and implementation of a narrative strategy to develop the identity and further engage a broad network of grassroots-focused participants;
- Work with the Director of Learning and other Program Managers to implement a Participatory Action Research framework and improve the Grassroots Fund’s data collection effort;
- Manage external communications (examples including social media and email newsletters) and coordinate staff content/contributions; and
- Collaborate with fellow Program Managers to deliver an integrated series of convenings.
The Grassroots Fund is seeking a Program Manager with lived experience in environmental justice and social change advocacy and organizing, particularly in under-resourced and marginalized communities. Experience in participatory grant making processes and strategies to disrupt white supremacy culture is desirable.
How to Apply
Please submit a single PDF that contains a cover letter, current résumé and the names and contact information of at least three professional or relevant references. We will begin review/interviews as applications are received with priority given to applications received by January 8th, 2021. Please send your PDF application file to: email@example.com. Please direct any questions to email only.
The New England Grassroots Environment Fund is a nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity, at-will employer. The Grassroots Fund is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities.