Georges River Land Trust, a vibrant environmental nonprofit seeks a passionate, experienced, hands-on development officer (DO) to lead a dynamic and growing fundraising program. Our goals are to address climate change, protect natural habitats, provide outdoor recreational opportunities, and explore the intersection of art and nature and how to be good stewards of both. If you love mid-coast Maine and want to be a part of preserving it for future generations, please join us!
The DO will work closely with the executive director, staff, and development committee. Together, this development team will create and implement effective strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of gifts, including those from individual donors and businesses. The DO will represent the land trust professionally and effectively in a variety of forums, including communications with board members, committee members and donors.
Major Gifts Management
• Provide guidance to the executive director and board members/volunteers on major gift strategies
• Coordinate creation of solicitation materials and case statements
• Provide support for donor meetings, including background research, coaching, materials/presentations, and follow-up correspondence/tracking, and, at times attending such meetings either on or off site.
• Provide support for cultivation events, including logistics, materials/presentations, communications and follow-up correspondence/tracking
• Coordinate pledge reminders/tracking and written/verbal acknowledgements for major gifts
• Update and maintain major donor list and files, including list of top prospects, tracking contacts, recording information, and providing reports.
• Develop new fundraising strategies and initiatives and provide input into GRLT outreach activities
• Work with development team on all fundraising activities to meet established goals including membership campaign, annual appeal and events
• Develop and manage a corporate/business donor strategy to include both dollar donation and gifts in kind and at times, meeting with corporate/business potential donors either on or off site
• Oversee the donor database and files to ensure accurate, up-to-date information and confidential processes; maintain current and accurate donor lists for committees and publications with administrative assistant
Communications and Outreach
• Manage communications across press, social media and other marketing platforms
• Coordinate fundraising program with outreach committee activities
• Serve as an ambassador at public events, sharing information about our mission and programs to grow the organization’s membership.
• Outgoing, and people-oriented approach, including the ability to inspire and motivate action and success in others
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, and 5+ years of development experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A well-organized work style with the ability to keep accurate and confidential records
• Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
• Marketing, graphic design and social media experience desired
• Experience with Little Green Light
HOURS: Part or Full time; year-round; some weekend and evening work.
ANNUAL SALARY: Salary to be determined based on experience. The range is $40,000 - $50,000 for full time.
TIME OFF (full time; part time will be prorated)
Holidays: 10 paid holidays
Vacation: 15 paid vacation days
Sick: 6 paid sick days
Personal: 3 paid personal days
HEALTH INSURANCE: Monthly stipend towards GRLT health and dental insurance plan
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Meg Rasmussen, Executive Director at Meg@grlt.org.