The GSA Fund Director leads George Stevens Academy’s efforts to grow donor participation and dollars raised for The GSA Fund, which directly supports students and faculty by providing funds needed for the daily operation of the school. The GSA Fund Director reports to the Director of Development and collaborates with administration, trustees, faculty, and students.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Lead GSA’s efforts to increase The GSA Fund, meeting or exceeding goals set by the Head of School and Director of Development
- Build on existing relationships on campus and with donors and prospects within the GSA and peninsula communities.
- Work with the Development Committee, composed of trustees, parents, alumni, and friends, to secure constituent participation in The GSA Fund, including through volunteer programming and events
- Develop and implement leadership giving society strategies
- Provide comprehensive oversight of marketing and communications efforts using industry best practices and analytics to drive decisions and strategy
- Provide strategic direction to segmentation and messaging directed toward acquisition of new donors and retention of current donors
- Think strategically and execute in multiple channels simultaneously: direct and volunteer solicitation, print and electronic direct marketing, and social media
- Expand and update The GSA Fund’s presence on GSA’s website
- Have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Write, schedule, and execute print and electronic solicitations
- Lead all aspects of volunteer management: create and manage expectations, effective communication, goal setting, and efficient support
- Serve as primary contact for alumni for reunion and class gift information, class notes, profile updates, events, and communications
- Expand alumni volunteer structure through Class Agent program
- With members of the administration, plan meaningful ways to involve alumni in the life of the school and encourage interaction between students and alumni
- Compile class notes and write GSA Fund updates and alumni profiles for GSA publications and the website
- Plan and carry throughthe senior class gift program
- Work on weekends and nights as required for events and donor engagements, both on campus and off. Light travel—including overnight travel—is required, both locally and out of state.
- Be a high energy, charismatic leader with team-building skills
- Take initiative and demonstrate a strong work ethic, putting in extra effort when needed
- Embrace professional development opportunities, including attendance at occasional conferences.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Five to seven years of direct or transferrable experience
- Track record of team leadership and personal action managing fundraising volunteers, directly soliciting leadership annual gifts, and growing donor participation
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a major plus
- Demonstrated familiarity with customer-base segmentation techniques
- Understanding of and appreciation for the town academy model
- Familiarity with George Stevens Academy, our mission, and programs
How to Apply
For a complete job description, visit www.georgestevensacademy.org/jobs, where interested applicants should download and print the Employment Application, fill it out, and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference, to Rada Starkey, Director of Development, George Stevens Academy, 23 Union Street, Blue Hill, ME 04614. Prospective applicants also may scan the completed application and submit it and the rest of the application package by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.