The Grant Officer at Dexter Enterprises, Inc. (DEI) will be responsible for administrative and programmatic support for up to two private family foundations, the Harold Alfond Foundation and the Bill and Joan Alfond Foundation. The Grant Officer will also assist in the day-to-day operational functions of the private foundations and of the DEI office generally. Specific duties would include some or all of the following:
• Working closely with DEI senior leadership, other program staff, and colleagues to develop and maintain grant agreements for grant awards, plan board meetings, monitor spending obligations, and process grant payments.
• Communicating regularly (in person, by phone or video, and in writing) with private foundation directors, grant seekers, and grant recipients regarding grant projects, including as part of occasional general due diligence on grant projects on behalf of private foundations.
• Preparing and assisting with private foundation written communications, including, but not limited to, website content and annual publications.
• Utilizing Blackbaud Grantmaking grants management software to receive and process grant applications, process grant awards, make grant payments, and generate and receive grant reports.
• Utilizing Diligent Boards board of director meeting software to organize meeting materials and share documents with foundation directors and trustees.
• Implementing effective grant monitoring systems, including, on occasion, conducting assessments and site visits, collecting and analyzing data, documenting results, and identifying and discussing implications.
• Communicating with DEI’s accounting and legal partners to monitor spending obligations and coordinate all necessary tax reporting and periodic reviews of operating procedures.
• If and when necessary, coordinating the research of other grant management and related technology systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher;
• 3-6 years of grant administration, compliance, financial services, public policy, and/or general operations/business management/administrative experience;
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
• Superior writing ability and oral communication skills;
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to assess data and present data clearly;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Pro (QuickBooks a plus);
• Strong knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn and navigate, the Blackbaud Grantmaking and Diligent Boards software systems;
• Ability to work independently—as well as in a collaborative, team-based environment;
• Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to target audiences with varied technical and business experience;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within expected timeframe parameters; and,
• Professional maturity, self-confidence, decisiveness, and outstanding business judgment.
How to Apply