Presented by Philanthropy Massachusetts
Participatory grantmaking is not new, however there’s currently a renewed interest in the practice within philanthropy. Some funders and their grantees are diving deeper into what it means and how it can be implemented to change systems and shift power. Join Philanthropy Massachusetts for this interactive program on Participatory Grantmaking bringing together funders and nonprofits to deepen their understanding of this practice, highlight organizations that are already engaging in this approach to their grantmaking and other investments, and provide how-to takeaways for both audiences. Join us as we explore current models and methods of shifting funding decisions to the very communities impacted by them and how that is contributing to broader systems change.
Funders will learn:
- How to have conversations with your staff and Board.
- What readiness for participatory grantmaking could look like.
- What tools are available to begin this practice.
Nonprofits will learn:
- How to engage with participatory grantmakers.
- How to be at the ready for funders interested in this practice.
- How to initiate conversations within your organization and with funding partners about Participatory Grantmaking.
Speaker information to be announced.
This joint program builds on a July 2021 session Western MA Funders held and a September 2021 funder-focused session, convened in partnership with The Social Innovation Forum.
For more information and to register, visit the event page.