Register before October 26 and save! More pricing information below ...
Minimum Participation: 30
Registration will begin at 9:30. Caitie will start her presentation at 10.
About the Presenter
Caitie Whelan is the founder and official noter-in-chief of The Lightning Notes, a short daily post to help move the world forward.
Caitie was a big hit when she led a filled-to-capacity Courage breakout session at last May's Philanthropy Partners Conference. Unfortunately, not everyone who wished to participate in the session was able to – and many of the folks who did attend expressed a desire for more.
So we're bringing Caitie back in November to lead a workshop called "The Art of Risk-Taking and Courageous Philanthropy." At the end of the day, you'll walk away with practical tools that will help you and your organization:
- take smart risks consistent with your values.
- develop strategies to tackle the impediments – both personal and organizational – that promote a reluctance to take risks.
- establish self-care practices and organizational cultures that reduce stress and burnout and increase risk-taking capacity.
We know that many funders have a desire to engage in (and may already be engaging in) courageous philanthropy. We hope you'll join us for this opportunity to explore what is working, and what isn't, in your efforts to do good in the world.
What People Say About Caitie
Participants in Caitie's 2018 Philanthropy Partners Conference workshop commented enthusiastically about the experience:
- "This was really phenomenal."
- "This was a fantastic session! Well designed, filled with different ways for participants to connect with and learn from the presenter and the data/ideas."
- "Exceptionally thoughtful interactive framework; her engagement with participants was graceful and inspiring."
- "I loved Caitie. She was the right mix of talking to you and talking with you."
- "Loved Caitie's energy and engagement."
- "Caitie's self-awareness of her privilege and her openness to other perspectives was inspiring."
- "I would highly recommend Caitie as a keynote for session speaker at just about any conference."
- "I learned a lot from Caitie in terms of overcoming fear and not being afraid to take risks. Challenges will always be there, but we have to learn how to overcome them."
Having received such positive feedback, we're happy to bring Caitie back for another round -- this time in a funders-only environment. Participants will have space and time to explore how Caitie's ideas and content apply specifically in the world of philanthropy.
Register by October 26 to save $20!
Early Bird Pricing - Through October 26
- MPC Members: $145
- Non-Members: $175
Regular Pricing - After October 26
- MPC Members: $165
- Non-Members: $175
This event is open to funders only. If your organization currently is not an MPC Funder Member but would like to learn more about joining in order to access member-only registration discounts, please see our Funder Member Benefits webpage or give us a call at (207) 780-5039.
Our event cancellation and refund policies may be accessed HERE.
Image credit: Justin Kunomoto. All rights reserved
Do you need an accomodation in order to fully participate in this program? Please contact Alyssa Lodewick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-228-8289 as soon as possible – and at least two weeks prior to the event – to discuss your specific needs.