The 2018 Philanthropy Partners Conference may come to an end, but the learning and relationship-building don’t have to.
Join us after the conference for a casual funder dinner and time to socialize and connect with peers.
Then, on Wednesday, our half-day 2018 Funders Forum will further explore the PPC themes of courage, creativity, and community from a funders-only perspective. Together, we will discuss successes, failures, and opportunities for the future.
"Moving Beyond This Moment with Courage, Creativity, and Community"
Tuesday, May 15
6:30 pm Funders Dinner (Atrium/Pre-function space, Cross Insurance Center)
Wednesday, May 16
8:00 am Breakfast
8:30 am Welcome (John Shoos, Maine Philanthropy Center Board Chair)
8:40 am Reflections on The Conference
- What were your key takeaways and overnight reflections?
8:50 am COURAGE | FailFest
- What is the greatest risk you ever took in your life and how did it turn out?
- In your work as a funder, what was a project, initiative or action that failed and what lessons did you learn from that experience?
10:10 am Break
10:20 am CREATIVITY
- How has your organization taken a creative approach to a particular problem, a challenge, or a new opportunity?
- What techniques do you use to foster creativity within your organization?
11:30 am COMMUNITY
- What do we want the gubernatorial candidates and next State of Maine administration to know about philanthropy and the role it plays/can (or cannot) play in Maine?
- Where do we think inequity exists in philanthropy, generally and in Maine in particular?
- What challenges is your organization facing in the coming year that you would love to think about, discuss, and learn about with your funder colleagues?
12:15 pm Session Closing
12:30 pm Networking Lunch